Credits

Google
 

Friday, October 17, 2008

Sunday Worship Services

I grew up attending Sunday Worship Services on a regular basis. My mother's side of the family are one of the first Methodists in Taytay, Rizal. My grandfather was one the founding members of the Taytay United Methodist Church. If you're a Filipino chances are familiar with Toni Gonzaga, the singer/actress. Her great-grandfather, Enrique Gonzaga, was also one of the founding members of TUMC.

The Christian belief of salvation through Jesus Christ has been deeply ingrained in me. For me, religion is not the basis of salvation but just a way to know God and meet fellow believers. The edifice is not important. It is the message brought forth by the pastor that is important. Thus when a friend invited me and my family to attend a church service held in a theater, I obliged. I wanted to Find out more about my friend's church.

It was nothing like anything I have ever experienced. The 9:30 AM Worship was well attended and the theater was filled to capacity. We were all comfortably seated and the ambiance was solemn for the theater was in darkness except for the stage. As music filled the theatre, the great acoustic treatment of the theater's wall coupled with the great sound system of the theater brought forth a heavenly surreal feeling. The sermon was meaningful. The congregation, warm and receptive. The music, divine. If you want to Find out more about how it feels to attend church in a theater, you can attend the first-ever inaugural Theatre Church Conference in Silver Spring, MD on October 22 & 23.

Post?slot_id=23180&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Thanks so much for running my entrecard on your site!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Sunday Worship is always a joyous occasion since we get to commune with the Lord. Later, when we all go to heaven, we will all do praise and worship for the Lord with the angels and the departed saints. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

desperateblogger said...

cindy: you're welcome!

mel avila alarilla: God Bless!

 


ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c