Credits

Google
 

Sunday, March 1, 2009

101 Religious Sects

I have always been interested in different faiths and religions. I am not one to judge which religion is true or not for I believe that we all worship one God with different names. I have read extensively on Catholicism, Evangelical Christianity and most of its better-known sects, Islam, some teachings of Buddhism, Judaism and other churches that broke-away from the Catholicism and are more or less under general Christianity. I have not read up on Hinduism yet. One of these days, I will.

There are about 2.1 billion Christians in the world and these encompass the different major and minor religions such as Catholicism, Protestant Eastern Orthodox, Evangelicals, LDS, Pentecostal, Jehovah's Witness, Anglicans, Quakers, AICs, and more.

One sect of Christianity that has intrigued me for quite sometime now is the Church of the Latter Day Saint. I know the beginnings and some of the teachings of the church. I am even a fan of two of its most famous members, Donny and Marie Osmond. The thing is I've not had the benefit of actually discussing the LDS teachings and ways with a bonifide LDS member. I would like to discuss why the church split. Anyway, I think I should join a Free LDS Chat. I believe I could meet and chat with people of the same interest as I am.

2 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Salvation can never be found in religions or denominations, only in the right relationship with Jesus Christ. And the basis for one's search for spiritual truths must be from the Bible, otherwise confusion will set in if one tries to synthesize all of the different religious and spiritual beliefs. The Bible says, "unless a man is born again of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 14:6 says, Jesus answered, 'I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.' And Acts 4:12 says, "Salvation is found in no one else for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." The Bible never mentioned a clear name of Christ' church because the true church of Christ is the congregation of those who truly love and obey God, worship Him in Spirit and in truth, Christ centered and adhere to the full Gospel of Christ. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. If there is any other way to salvation, would the Father not just gave them and spared the life and suffering of His only begotten Son? One must become definite where he stands, otherwise his vacillation can cause him his most cherished salvation. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

desperateblogger said...

Hi mel! Praise God that I too am saved through Jesus Christ. It has been my practice since my salvation to read up on other religions so I may know their belief and doctrine. I find that knowing the religious background of a person makes it easier for me to share the Good News. =)

 


ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c