Credits

Google
 

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tampered Locks!

Being a weekend I fetched my son from his apartment with my two girlfriends in tow. As I parked the car in front of his apartment, out came my son dressed only in shorts. I was about to reprimand him that we're running late and would still be running more late as he was not yet dressed and packed, when he blurted

"Mom!, I have something to tell you."

As always that sentence never fails to stop my heart from beating. That sentence has always been the prelude to an almost-always disastrous news.

"What is it?" I asked calmly.

Well, the news was bad news but not in a life-altering way. It seemed that my son and one of his apartment mates came in late Wednesday after their volleyball training. He said he remembered closing the self-locking gate as he proceeded inside the house. The following morning his mountain bike parked inside the carport was gone. Someone picked the lock of the carport gate!

The same thing happened to a friend of mine. Her main door was picked and her house was burglarized. After the incident she called in a Kansas City Locksmith to check all her outside door locks and knobs. The locksmith found some tampering on some door locks and suggested to my friend to buy new ones. It is always handy and wise to have your door and gate locks be checked by a qualified locksmith to make sure no tampering or wear and tear has occurred.

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So glad you were safe. Thanks for the help on how to link. I am still trying to get computer savvy.

 


ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c