Credits

Google
 

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Do You Know How To Pray?

I pray from the heart. No pomp. No glamour. No audience but lots of feelings and sometimes tears. I can pray anywhere. I can pray amidst a large party or when I take a bath. I do not have to be in a church or kneeling in front of an altar to pray.

God is Omnipotent and Omniscient and Omnipresent. Meaning God is all powerful, all knowing and ever present wherever we are. Only God has these attributes.

Who do we pray to? As the book of John 14:1 says: Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Who is the ME here? It is our Lord Jesus Christ. In John 14:6: Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

The disciples once asked Jesus, "Master, how do we pray?". To which Jesus replied: "This, then, is how you should pray:" ~ Matt:6:9.


Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
and the power,
and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.


Matt: 6:9-13

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c