Credits

Google
 

Monday, April 14, 2008

Bedtime Prayers

It is always an advantage to teach very young children to pray. I started to teach Ethan to say his prayers at an age when he can't even speak yet. I just tell him that it's time to pray to Jesus. No explanation. I was the one praying while he had his hands folded. We both say Amen at the end of the prayer.

Praying should be a habit. We should start our children on the praying habit at the earliest possible time. Here are some evening or bedtime prayers you can teach your child.



Jesus, tender Shepherd, hear me:
Bless Thy little child to-night;
Through the darkness be Thou near me,
Keep me safe till morning light.

All this day Thy hand has led me,
And I thank Thee for Thy care;
Thou hast warmed me, clothed me, fed me;
Listen to my evening prayer.

May my sins be all forgiven;
Bless the friends I love so well;
Take me, Lord, at last to heaven.
Happy there with Thee to dwell.
Amen.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The day is past and over,
All thanks, O Lord, to Thee!
O Jesus, keep me in Thy sight
And save me through the coming night.
Amen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
All praise to Thee, my God, this night
For all the blessings of the light:
Keep me, O keep me, King of kings,
Beneath Thine own almighty wings.
Amen.


all prayers courtesy of :Christian Children's Prayers

No comments:

 


ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c ss_blog_claim=ed5cf15bd974fdbc659968755f717a0c